Macaroni Salad with Lemony Dressing
- Large stock pot
- Chef's knife
- Chopping board
- Colander or strainer
- Mixing bowl with lid
- Citrus zester
- Citrus squeezer
- 1 16 oz box macaroni elbows
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 can white cannelini beans
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni in a large stock pot per package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse the cans of beans and add to cooled macaroni.
- Zest the outer rind of the two lemons. Avoid getting any of the white layer underneath or your salad may be bitter. Add to macaroni.
- Juice the two lemons and add to the macaroni
- Finely chop the parsley and add.
- Finely mince two cloves of garlic and add to all.
- Add the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, chill and serve.