Spinach Black Bean Burritos
This recipe is adapted from the How Not to Die Cookbook by Dr. Michael Greger. Make the filling and store in fridge to warm up in tortillas for a quick breakfast or lunch burrito on the go.
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Can opener
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 8 oz spinach
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- Favorite salsa
- Whole wheat or gluten free tortillas
- Mash black beans with a fork and set aside.
- Heat skillet and cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in small amount of water or oil until soft.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted through.
- Add mashed black beans. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Spoon filling into warmed tortilla. Top with tomatoes, cilantro, and your favorite salsa. Roll and serve.