Eva’s Turnip Soup Recipe
What to do when you have too many turnips? Or turnips that are too large to slice up for salad? You make soup! This recipe was created by Chris' mother, Eva, who kindly shared it with us.
- 3 large turnips (Hakurei salad turnips work great!)
- 1 large onion chopped
- fresh minced garlic to taste or garlic powder
- Better than Bouillon Vegetable Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 handfuls chopped greens turnip, kale, or spinach
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- In a large cooking pot, saute onion and garlic in a small of oil until soft.
- Chop turnips and add. Cook until soft.
- Add water to just cover veggies. Flavor with Better than Bouillon Vegetable Seasoning to taste.
- Add coriander, basil, and nutritional yeast flakes. Heat until simmering.
- Use immersion blender to blend soup smooth.
- Add chopped greens and simmer 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, blend cashews in a small of water until smooth.
- When greens are done cooking, add blended cashews. Stir in chopped parsley. Simmer 1-2 minutes until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.