Out of stock
Out of stock
When you want to amp up the nutritional value in your favorite smoothie and juice recipes, you now have a local option! Makes great salad too! During the colder months, your kale bunch will include purple-red colors increasing your anthocyanin intake. We grow green and red varieties. The cold weather deepens the purple-red colors, thus boosting the nutrients level.
All our greens at Toppled Barn Farm are free from harmful chemicals. We aim to harvest them within 24 hours of delivery to ensure you get the maximum nutrition possible.
Store in the fridge. Chop and toss into smoothies, strip away the tough stem and chop into salads or cook your favorite ways.
All produce is cleaned and raw for those who want to prepare their own salads. These are not ready-to-eat. We recommend rinsing your produce before eating.
A real super-star when it comes to nutrition. Kale can be eaten raw in salads or smoothies, but in order to get the full benefits of kale you should cook it by steaming for about 5 minutes.
- Excellent source of copper, manganese, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
- Very good source of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), calcium, fiber, potassium, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and vitamin E.
- Good source of iron, magnesium, vitamin B1 (thiamin), omega-3 fats, phosphorus, protein, folate, and vitamin B3 (niacin).
- Over 45 different flavonoids found in kale.
- Kale is especially rich in antioxidant nutrients, anti-inflammatory nutrients and anti-cancer nutrients in the form of sulforaphane, and glucosinolates.
- Provides cardiovascular support by lessening the risk of arteriosclerosis and reducing cholesterol levels.
- Aids the body in detoxifying at the cellular level.
- Immunostimulatory effects (ability to produce antibodies) with cooked kale actually working better than raw.