8 oz size delivered in one bag. 16 oz size delivered in 2 bags.
Out of stock
Get more bang for buck! Most valuable option we offer to help you include kale, with its rich nutrient profile, in your meals. Same kale variety that is included in the Salad Mix, but a larger leaf size. This Red Russian variety of kale is dark green with purple veins. The leaf texture is more delicate than the traditional kale. It’s very good raw chopped into salads, blended in smoothies, in popular massaged kale salad recipes, or tossed into soups and stews.
Store in the fridge. Chop and toss into smoothies, strip away the tough stem and chop into salads, cook your favorite ways, or freeze to have some available when the cooking mood strikes.
All produce is cleaned and raw for those who want to prepare their own salads. These are not ready-to-eat. We recommend rinsing your produce before eating.
A real super-star when it comes to nutrition. Kale can be eaten raw in salads or smoothies, but in order to get the full benefits of kale, you should cook it by steaming for about 5 minutes.
- Excellent source of copper, manganese, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
- Very good source of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), calcium, fiber, potassium, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), and vitamin E.
- Good source of iron, magnesium, vitamin B1 (thiamin), omega-3 fats, phosphorus, protein, folate, and vitamin B3 (niacin).
- Over 45 different flavonoids found in kale.
- Kale is especially rich in antioxidant nutrients, anti-inflammatory nutrients and anti-cancer nutrients in the form of sulforaphane, and glucosinolates.
- Provides cardiovascular support by lessening the risk of arteriosclerosis and reducing cholesterol levels.
- Aids the body in detoxifying at the cellular level.
- Immunostimulatory effects (ability to produce antibodies) with cooked kale actually working better than raw.