Smoky Black-eyed Peas and Collards
- 1 bunch Collard greens washed and stems removed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas or 1 15 oz can rinsed and drained
- hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the collard greens in a pot of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and coarsely chop.
- Cook onion and garlic with a small of water until soft, or saute with oil if you prefer. Add spices.
- Stir in tomatoes, black-eyed peas, collards. Simmer 10 minutes to heat through and combine the flavors.
- Add hot sauce to taste. Serve hot.