Spinach Tofu Quiche
I found this recipe in my mom's recipe box years ago when she was on a "health kick" and adapted it for our family. It's easy to make ahead and reheat. Just add a greens salad for a complete meal.
- Chef's knife
- Pan for cooking spinach
- Mixing bowl
- Quiche pan, pie plate, or round casserole
- 1 pie crust use favorite recipe or go crustless
- 1 lb spinach chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb tofu extra firm
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare crust and place in your choice of round baking pan. Set aside.
- Steam spinach with a small amount of water until wilted and bright green. Place in colander and set aside to cool and drain.
- Cook onion, red pepper, and garlic in small amount of water or oil until soft.
- Blend tofu with Bragg's Aminos and water until completely smooth and place in mixing bowl.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic mixture to tofu.
- Squeeze cooled spinach with your hands to remove excess moisture. Add to tofu mixture.
- Stir well to combine. Spoon into pie crust. Bake for 1 hour until quiche cracks and begins to turn golden on top.
- To reheat, cover with foil and bake in 350-degree oven 30-40 minutes.