Inspired by the flavors of Thai Spring Rolls. This is our go-to salad when leafy greens are in short supply.
- 1/2 head of cabbage finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, white and green parts sliced
- 1 inch jalapeno pepper including seeds minced
- roasted peanuts for topping
- 4 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tbsp pure sesame oil or to taste
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mix together all ingredients except peanuts
Chill in fridge
When ready to serve, drizzle with dressing and top with roasted peanuts
Wait until serving time to add the dressing to ensure this coleslaw mix stores several days in the fridge. It is ideal for warm summer evenings when you crave something fresh and crunchy. Just pull it out of the fridge, drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with peanuts, toss and eat! Or pack it for lunch with the dressing in a separate container. The aroma of the cilantro and mint combination will make your coworkers jealous! Options: Leave out the jalapeno if spicy is not your thing. You may also amp up the anthocyanin content by replacing some of the cabbage with purple cabbage and adding freshly shredded carrots. It tastes the same, just makes a prettier and more nutritious salad.